As your coach, I am your thought partner, your sounding board, your copilot, your strategist, your cheerleader, your fire-starter, and at times, your loving kick-in-the-butt.
You may already be living your dream and ready to expand it further, or you may be wondering what your dream even is and how to start.
Either way, you’ve come to the right place, and I’m so happy you’re here.
As your coach, I consider you to be capable, resourceful and whole.
My role isn’t to ‘fix’ you, but to help you return to your own inner wisdom and evoke your genius.
This deep dive allows you to:
- breakthrough patterns of perfectionism, procrastination and burnout
- rediscover your passions in an entirely new way
- gain a fresh perspective on your innate gifts (and how to use them)
- experience deeper joy, passion and purpose
- lead more bravely, confidently and effectively
- understand the deeper story of your life and reclaim your “throne”
Who am I?
I’m Rebecca Garland.
A Personal Potential & Mastery Coach, fitness and nutrition specialist, passion-driven entrepreneur, foodie, animal-lover, habit-disruptor, dream-creator, traveler, and margarita-loving-surfer-wannabe.
As a coach and trainer with certifications in Strength & Conditioning, Pilates, Air Yogalates, and Precision Nutrition, I’ve been helping people become fitter, healthier, happier and more vibrant versions of themselves for 20 years.
I am insatiably curious about nearly everything regarding human behavior, expanding potential, habit mastery, healing, and performance.
A few fun facts you may not know about me:
- I’m originally from the Yukon.
- I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was 18yrs when I brought kickboxing to the Yukon.
- I was flown to Sweden to work as a personal trainer aboard The World of Residensea.
- In high school, I was cast in a Sorrell commercial and still managed to get frostbite.
- My favorite school experience was an outdoor ed. class, where we cycled, telemarked skiied, snowshoed, canoed, hiked, and camped around the Yukon and Alaska. Sleeping in homemade snow caves was a highlight.
- I ate fire in New Zealand, dove with sharks in Fiji, and cycled up Mt. Haleakala in Maui – twice (one of the highest volcanoes and longest, uninterrupted roads in the world).
- I became enlightened (briefly) during a field-study school in Ghana, Africa, where I witnessed the true meaning of life, and the deepest happiness amidst the greatest poverty.
- In 2007, I graduated as a certified coach from the Coaches Training Institute, becoming the youngest life coach they’d ever certified, at that time.
- Mini-schnauzer are one of my favorite dog breeds.
- My fascination type is The Beloved, and my introvert type is The Protector.
I have lifelong fascinations regarding both the power and fragility of the mind, the impact of the placebo effect, and the strength and resilience of the human spirit.
I’m passionate about countless unrelated things: entrepreneurship, music, psychology, food, fitness, being in nature, Martial Arts, creativity, spirituality, travel, and human potential to name just a few.
My interests and curiosities have led me down many paths, and after years of trying to narrow my focus and hone a specialty, I’ve realized that my variety of experiences and passions bare great gifts.
In business, I do what I love every day.
As a mastery life coach for women in business and medicine, I create space for deep and transformational inner work.
I’m committed to growth and the quest for excellence, and am passionate about helping women leaders create rich and fulfilling lives.
An early experience with cancer, a car accident, and helping a friend with terminal brain cancer plan his best death, all served as key turning points in my life.
These journeys awakened me to what truly matters – cultivating resilience, courage and commitment, and reinforcing the importance of quality relationships, and full-being health.
I’ve learned that ‘fitness’ and ‘nutrition’ aren’t necessarily synonymous with health, vitality and sound nourishment; and that the most loving thing is often the hardest thing.
Clients tell me that they appreciate the gentle, yet persistent ways that I create safe space to reveal hard truths, and are often surprised at how deep and fast they’re able to go.
I’m not afraid to face the fire, get messy, break or rebuild.
One of my deepest passions is creating sacred space for self-discovery, breakthroughs, and courageous and meaningful action.
Whatever your past pains, heartbreaks, or ‘failures’, remember…
- You’re not here to suffer, even though suffering has been an important part of your story.
- Your past doesn’t need to define you, and it certainly doesn’t need to become your future.
- If you feel a deep longing for something more, pay attention… those inner whispers carry deep wisdom and get louder when unanswered.
what I want you to KNOW…
Whatever your past has been, wherever you find yourself now, Welcome.
You are here to shine.
You are here to lead.
You are here to live brilliantly, boldly and unapologetically.
With more love than you know,
I’m based in Calgary, Alberta, but can meet you ‘virtually’ anywhere.
- Founder of the health and wellness coaching company, Élan Performance Inc.
- Precision Nutrition Master Level 2 Coach
- Author of the sold out recipe book, Nourish
- Creator and facilitator of:
– Let The Light In, winter solstice workshop
– The Wisdom of Emotions, masterclass
– Ignite Your Vision, annual women’s retreat
– 8 Weeks to Re-Claiming Your Vitality After Cancer, course
– The 8-week Plant-Strong Sculpt, online course
– The 5-day Sexy, Sizzlin’ Kitchen Stripdown Challenge
CorporatIONS & clients
- the University of Calgary’s Fitness Center
- the University of Calgary’s Sport Medicine Clinic
- Wellspring Calgary
- Bankers Hall Club
CERTIFICATION AND Recognition
- Bachelor of Kinesiology with Distinction Specializing in Psychology (University of Calgary)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Life Coach (Coaches Training Institute)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength & Conditioning Association)
- Certified Pilates Instructor – mat (PhysicalMind Institute)
- Certified Air Yogalates Instructor (Air Yogalates)
- Certified PN ProCoach level 1 (Precision Nutrition)
Bridge the gap.
Let your soul ROAR!