As your coach, I am your thought partner, your sounding board, your copilot, your strategist, your cheerleader, your fire-starter, and at times, your loving kick-in-the-butt.
You may already be living your dream and ready to expand it further, or you may wonder if that dream is for you and how you can ever get there.
Either way, you’ve come to the right place, and I’m so happy you’re here.
As your coach, I consider you to be capable, resourceful and whole. My role isn’t to ‘fix’ you, but to help you return to your own inner wisdom and evoke your genius.
This deep dive allows you to:
- discover the emotional themes – and deeper story – of your life
- rediscover your passions in an entirely new way
- gain a fresh perspective on your innate gifts (and how to use them)
- experience deeper joy, passion and purpose
- lead more bravely, confidently and effectively
- feel in charge of your life
Who am I?
I’m Rebecca Garland.
A passionate entrepreneur, foodie, fitness specialist, tortured author, dream-creator, grasshopper acro-yogi, life-long learner, world-traveller, and margarita-loving-surfer-wannabe.
As a life coach, personal trainer, Pilates instructor, Air Yogalates instructor, and Precision Nutrition certified ProCoach, I’ve been helping people become fitter, leaner, stronger and healthier, happier and more vibrant versions of themselves for nearly 20 years.
I am insatiably curious about nearly everything regarding human behavior, expanding potential, habit mastery, healing, and performance.
A few fun facts you may not know about me:
- I’m originally from the Yukon
- I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was 18yrs when I brought (and taught) the first kickboxing classes in the Yukon
- I was flown to Sweden to work as a personal trainer aboard The World of Residensea
- In high school, I was cast in a Sorrell commercial and still managed to get frosbite
- In high school, I winter camped at -20C, slept in my own homemade snowcave/quinzee, and survived
- I ate fire in New Zealand, dove with sharks in Fiji, and cycled Mt. Haleakala – one of world’s highest volcanoes
- I trained the actor Jack Scalia, while he was in town shooting a movie, and got to meet the famous Jackie Collins along with Farrah Fawcett, Robin Givens and Melissa Gilbert
- During a 6 week field-study school in Ghana, Africa, I witnessed true happiness amidst the greatest poverty; met one of my best girlfriends; and got pooped on while meeting the chief of a village (happily by a bird)
- In 2007, I became the youngest life coach to be certified by Coaches Training Institute
- Mini-schnauzer crosses are my favorite pet breed (next up: the Giant Schnauzer)
- My fascination type is The Beloved, and my introvert type is The Protector
In junior high, I became fascinated by both the power and fragility of the mind, the impact of the placebo effect, and the strength and resilience of the human spirit, and have been fascinated by human psychology ever since.
I’m passionate about countless unrelated things: entrepreneurship, music, psychology, food, fitness, being in nature, kickboxing, creativity, spirituality, travel, and human potential to name just a few.
My interests and curiosities have led me down many paths, and after years of fighting myself to narrow my focus and hone a specialty, I’ve realized that my variety of experiences and passions bare great gifts.
In business, I do what I love every day. As a mastery life coach, I create space for deep and transformational inner work. I’m committed to my own growth and personal excellence, and am passionate about helping women create the richly inspired lives they are being called to lead.
An early experience with cancer and a car accident served as key turning points in my life.
These journeys awakened in me what truly matters – cultivating resilience, courage and commitment, and reinforcing the importance of health – not just in body, but in mind and spirit as well.
I’ve learned that ‘fitness’ and ‘nutrition’ aren’t necessarily synonomous with health, vitality and sound nourishment, and that love always chooses in your highest favor (and if it didn’t, it wasn’t love).
Clients tell me that they appreciate the gentle, yet persistent ways I create a safe space to reveal and face hard truths, and are often surprised surprise at how safe they feel with me, and how deep they’re able to go so quickly.
I’m not afraid to go into deep waters or get messy, and when life heats up and others are tempted to back out, that’s when I step forward.
One of my deepest passions is creating sacred space for self-discovery, breakthroughs, and courageous and meaningful action.
Whatever your past pains, heartbreaks, or ‘failures’, remember…
- You’re not here to suffer, even though suffering has been an important part of your story.
- Your past doesn’t need to define you, and it certainly doesn’t need to be your future.
- If you feel a deep longing for something more, pay attention… the whispers from your soul only get louder when unanswered.
what I want you to KNOW…
Whatever your past has been, wherever you find yourself now, you are here to rise.
You are here to shine. You are here to lead.
You are here to live – brilliantly, boldly and unapologetically.
With more love than you know,
I’m based in Calgary, Alberta, but can meet you ‘virtually’ anywhere.
- Founder Élan Performance Inc
- Precision Nutrition Pro Coach
- Creator of the Nourish Clean Eating Challenge
- Retreat Host
- Author of the Nourish Recipe Book
- Creator and facilitator of: Retirement Vitality Planning; Re-Claiming Your Vitality After Cancer; Seven Weeks 2 Sizzlin’ workshops/programs
CorporatIONS & clients
- the University of Calgary’s Fitness Center
- the University of Calgary’s Sport Medicine Clinic
- Wellspring Calgary
- Bankers Hall Club
CERTIFICATION AND Recognition
- Bachelor of Kinesiology with Distinction Specializing in Psychology (University of Calgary)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Life Coach (Coaches Training Institute)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength & Conditioning Association)
- Certified Pilates Instructor – mat (PhysicalMind Institute)
- Certified Air Yogalates Instructor (Air Yogalates)
- Certified PN ProCoach level 1 (Precision Nutrition)
Bridge the gap.
Let your soul ROAR!