Physicians and Leaders in Medicine
Physicians and Leaders in Medicine
Dare to let your spirit ROAR!
The passionate female physician’s prescription to personal fulfillment, feeling fabulous, and staying sane.
You’re capable, resilient, intelligent and doing work that matters.
Yet, if you’re like more than 50% of physicians today, you’re likely also experiencing at least three or more of the following:
- Overwhelm with high expectations, high pressures, full patient-load, complex cases, and unreasonably short appointment times.
- Lack of fulfillment in your physician-patient relationships.
- Chart work and admin in evenings and weekends, and missing precious time for family, friends, self-care routines or other passions and hobbies that light you up.
- Frustration by a system that’s broken and working against you: from shame-based learning to shift-work, sleep deprivation, little to no autonomy in your schedule, and lack of support.
- Feeling unable to fully recover between shifts, and burnt-out trying to deliver exceptional patient-care, when your own tank is running on fumes.
- Majority of the family/child responsibilities, along with the emotional labor of parents, friends, and even colleagues.
- The incredibly common, yet heavy, and suffocating feelings of any of the following: perfectionism tendencies, never-ending hamster-wheel of striving, earning and proving; self-doubt; imposter syndrome; guilt; fear of making error or misdiagnosis; and anxiety.
With the above common experiences, it’s no surprise there’s an epidemic of doctors feeling exhausted, burnt out, disenchanted with their jobs; in failed marriages – and committing suicide.
According to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention women doctors’ suicide rates are 250% to 400% higher than that of women in other professions.
This is not okay.
And it’s not your fault.
You don’t need a resilience-training workshop. You made it through med school and survived residency – you are as resilient as they come.
You’re doing incredible work in the world, and you’re too important to burn-out or fall into the above stats.
In burnout, life closes inwards, resentment builds, joys fade, and the combo of frustration and exhaustion leads to lack of patience, tolerance, mental sharpness, decision making abilities, and the bandwidth to be who you want to be.
In our work together, you’ll reconnect to yourself, your joys, and re-ignite your inner spark.
“I struggled through a period of burnout last year, and thanks to one of my peers, connected with a wonderful life coach, Rebecca Garland. Her RISE coaching program was transformative for me, and I still find myself relying on the things I learned with her every day since.”
– Bonnie Larson, MD, Ma, CCFP, DTM&H, Mom
Director, Global Health Enhanced Skills Program
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Calgary Department of Family Medicine
CUPS Family Physician
Street CCRED Collaborative
Inspire. Lead. Transform.
- Imagine: personal fulfillment, deep satisfaction, and strong vitality that supports – rather than sacrifices – exemplary patient-care.
- Imagine: understanding the deeper patterns of your life, and anchoring into the greater story calling you forth.
- Imagine: contributing to a new legacy in medicine where its leaders aren’t depleted, exhausted and burning out, but are leading powerfully and authentically – feeling happy, vibrant, and fully alive.
It’s time to be the strong, empowered, authentic leader, healer, and light-bearer you’re here to be.
A new medical paradigm is emerging.
Rebecca offers a results-based coaching process designed to spark your soul, evoke your deeper calling, and reveal your greater story.
Because the world needs you at your best.
Because you’re not here to simply survive your days.
You’re not here to simply survive your life.
You’re here to thrive, to make the most of your beautiful life, to feel deep joy and to experience fulfillment as you make the difference you’re here to make.